Applications Engineering Manager
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Company bonus based on profit – 15%
- Pension matched up to 9% contribution + life assurance + health care
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
I am proud to be representing this business which has a clear and strategic growth plan and perceived as a market leader within their field. If you are an experienced Applications Engineering Manager with knowledge of combustion and/or diesel-based systems, then I have a brilliant opportunity for you.
This role will provide the ideal Applications Engineering Manager with a varied and challenging opportunity with a healthy mix of technical and commercial input and a hands-on approach with customers, engineering teams and NPI (new product introduction).
This £multi-million manufacturing organisation is experiencing a rapid phase of growth. This has been geared around them being able to maintain a market-leading status by providing cutting edge, innovative and unique product offerings whilst focussing heavily on customer service. As a result of recent growth, they are now recruiting a Applications Engineering Manager to join the business.
The Application Engineering Manager role will be as follows:
- The Applications Engineering Manager will be responsible for supporting the development of conceptual combustion systems from concept through to completion
- Leading and managing a team of two Application Engineers – 1-2-1’s, technical support, guidance, training, coaching and mentoring
- Developing new product specifications (internal and external)
- To review customer specifications and to provide support on new and current applications
- Designing and executing experiments to prove new machine/control concepts
- Provide Lead Engineers on R&D projects ensuring the product specification is being met
- Writing project technical documentation (e.g. specifications, timing plans, acceptance test procedures, user manuals, applications guides)
- You will need to solve technical problems for NPI (new product introductions) and existing units in operation
- Design tooling for the testing and regular contact with distributors, internal engineering teams and Customer Support Engineers
- Phone-based troubleshooting and technical support
- Reviewing new applications and to assist with R&D & site testing activities
The ideal Applications Engineering Manager will have a combination of the following:
- An experienced Applications Engineering Manager, Principal Applications Engineer, Project Engineer, R&D Engineer, Technical Support or a Customer Support type role
- Knowledge of combustion, diesel, engines, petrol-based system, gasoline systems, hybrid systems, powertrains or fuel injection systems
- A suitable engineering qualification – degree is preferred
- Excellent technical, commercial, written and verbal communication skills
You will be rewarded with a fantastic remuneration package with a strong technical and commercial input within the role. You will be pivotal in providing technical expertise to customers, internal engineering teams as well and the senior management team.
Often you join companies where you are sold an opportunity that doesn’t materialise, well it’s not the case with this client as a large proportion of their recruitment activities is as a result of retirement or promotion.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.