Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham)
£25,000 – 35,000
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs nearly 200 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and are on a mission to grow from a £50 million to £100 million business in the next four years.
The company are looking to recruit a Buyer who will be responsible for a portfolio of spend that covers part of the supply chain. Your role will be a mixture of strategic and operational procurement and buying work and the company are looking to recruit with immediate effect.
The Head of Procurement for the business is currently building her team making this a very exciting time to join the business as they implement new and improved procurement strategies and processes across the business.
The Buyer will be assigned a portfolio of spend and your role will be to:
- Carry out reviews of for the supply chain areas you are assigned to understand opportunities to improve the supply chain.
- Presenting business cases back to the business where there are potential opportunities for improving the current supply chain and making recommendations.
- Monitoring purchasing delays that could impact projects.
- Negotiating prices with new and existing suppliers.
- Supporting the business with price enquiries for project tenders
- Approving of new suppliers.
- Guiding Project Managers towards approved suppliers.
- Supporting Project Managers with procurement enquiries during projects.
To be successful in your application for this Buyer role you will need.
- 1-2 years or more experience in a buying related role.
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing setting would be advantageous
- Strong buying and negotiation skills
- To be able to build strong relationships with suppliers.
Some of the benefits for this buyer role include:
- £25,000 – 35,000
- Agile working policy 2 days from home per week
- Flexible holiday policy
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil,
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.