Chief Operating Officer and Board Director
- $130,000 - $170,000 per annum
- Up to 50% bonus
- Car allowance up to $10,000 per annum
- Relocation support
- 30 days annual leave including Thai public holidays
- Medical cover and pension
- Golf membership to a prestigious golf course
- Immediate start available
Location: Thailand, Chon Buri
ATA Search is working for a $multi-million industrial manufacturing business boasting sales of over $18.5m based in Chon Buri, Thailand. Well established and identified as a market leader in their field, this company sets the standard by employee satisfaction, excellent customer service and providing a product that is unrivalled by their competition.
Having bucked the downward trend of the 2008 global crisis and COVID-19 pandemic, this business has weathered many storms and has positioned itself to grow significantly in 2024 by boasting a healthy order book.
As a result, my client is looking to recruit a dynamic, results-oriented and successful Chief Operating Officer and Board Director to implement, deploy and execute a growth strategy to increase distributor sales by over $20m over the next three years across South East Asia.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to email@example.com
Key accountabilities – Chief Operating Officer and Board Director
- Responsible for the commercial and operational delivery with full P&L control of a +$18.5m annual sales order intake industrial manufacturing business
- To create, set and execute sales, operations and business strategies to support the next phase of growth
- To set and monitor KPIs and to ensure Department Heads meet team goals
- To review commercial performances concerning sales target vs actual, sales management, cash flow and profit
- To create a sustainable baseline of industrial equipment sales with growing markets such as Chemical, Steel, Paper, General Engineering and many more
- Lead and deploy a sales growth strategy by increasing the distribution network across South East Asia in countries such as Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Korea and Myanmar (Burma)
- Overall responsibility for sales, engineering, manufacturing, production and supply chain/logistics
- Responsible for the management and development of personnel, delivery of sales, strategic planning, managing/monitoring and implementing KPIs and business change
- Review financial data and ensure departmental KPIs are met
- Implement lean manufacturing techniques using Kaizen, Six Sigma and 5S methodologies
- Budget and cost control – monitoring all costs, labour supplies and materials costs
- Resource planning and full analysis of staffing levels, labour control and to ensure profitability within the department
Requirements – Chief Operating Officer and Board Director
- An experienced Chief Operating Officer, Board Director, CEO, Managing Director, General Manager or Plant Director type background
- A proven and demonstratable track record in business growth and P&L management within an industrial manufacturing arena
- A demonstrable track record in both managing commercial and manufacturing operations
- Experienced in managing factories where industrial engineering products are manufactured such as Rotating Equipment, Pumps, Valves, Pipes Systems, Mixers, Motors, Drives, Gearboxes, CHP (Combine Heat & Power), Industrial Boilers, Chillers, HVAC, Refrigeration, Hydraulics or any other industrial engineered product
- A suitable engineering qualification and a track record in Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Experienced in managing Thai engineering/manufacturing factories with international exposure
- Written and verbal English is a prerequisite for this position
Please note, there is a six-hour time difference between the UK and Thailand so please expect some delay in responding
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation