Continuous Improvement Engineer (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary – £40,000 – £45,000 + 25 days holiday
My client is one of the UK’s premier manufacturers of specialty materials. They manufacture and process bespoke material for the general manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, industrial and medical device industries, and continue to set the benchmark for product quality and innovation.
The business is going through an exciting phase of growth and look set to have a bumper year in 2020. They have invested heavily in people, products and new plant equipment and have an excellent opportunity for a Continuous Improvements Engineer to identify, drive and implement an effective and efficient operational Continuous Improvements plan which will ensure the companies Key Performance Indicators are met and improved
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer will involve developing and leading CI initiatives across the site in order to improve factory efficiency. This is a fantastic role for a motivated, process driven engineer who is looking for an autonomous role which will give them a great deal of freedom to identify and implement projects across the site.
If you have experience within a continuous improvement role from a manufacturing, assembly or FMCG environment and are looking for a new challenge, working for an exciting, forward thinking engineering business then apply now for immediate consideration!
The role of Continuous Improvement Engineer will be to idetnfiy areas to improve the comapnies manufacturing process and to run the projects to deliver the improvements, this will involve:
- Identifying improvement projects across the factory.
- Root cause analysis of issues within the factory to resolve problems.
- Lead value stream mapping work stream activity.
- Implement and manager 5S activity.
- Using Kaizen based activities.
- Support the delivery of training across the site.
To be successful as a Continuous Improvement Engineer you will need:
- Previous experience running continuous improvement projects within a manufacturing environment. This could be from assembly, mechanical, food, FMCG etc.
- Experience using continuous improvement tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, 5Y’s, Kaizen etc.
- My client is looking for someone who is passionate about business improvements, ideally this role will progress into a multi-site improvement role.
Interested in the Continuous Improvement Engineer position?
Please contact Stewart Jackson on 0116 216 7004 or email email@example.com alternatively click the ‘apply’ button below
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.