Continuous Improvement Engineer / Lean Manufacturing Engineer – Cellular Manufacturing
Based in Essex
£40,000 – £45,000 + Annual Bonus + 25 days holiday
My client is an American owned business with five sites in the UK. They manufacture high end luxury products to customers in the hospitality industry. The business employs over 300 people across the five locations with the sites carrying out a range of different types of manufacturing processes to product the finished products.
The Essex site employs circa 60 staff all carrying out a process consisting of the machining, plating and polishing of the product as well as assembly to produce the finished product. The business is looking to employ a Continuous Improvement Engineer who can come in and put their own Continuous Improvement blueprint on the site and steer the site on their Continuous Improvement journey.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer for the Essex site will have the opportunity to truly put their own Continuous Improvement blueprint on the site, this will involve:
- Overserving the current process and collect data around the KPIs (throughput, quality and on time in full delivery)
- Analyse the data to review where CI Tools can be implemented initially to reduce time or waste from the process.
- Developing a programme of Continuous Improvement Projects for the site.
- Coaching the shop floor through Continuous Improvement problems.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of assembly cells and reviewing cell layouts where required.
To be successful in your application for this Continuous Improvement Engineer role you will need:
- Experience in a continuous improvement role within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- An engineering qualification
- Experience in the application of Lean/CI Tools
- To be able to relay continuous improvement terms to staff at all levels within a business.
- To be a confident communicator who can persuade and lead others to follow your ideas.
- £40,000 – £45,000
- Company Pension
- A growing business.
- A very stable industry sector
If you’re interested please apply online or Call Steve Harrhy on 07827295376 or send your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website