Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
- £55,000 - £65,000
- Car allowance £5,000
- Company bonus based on profit
- Pension (up to 5% matched) + life assurance + healthcare
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a £multi-million capital projects delivery business based in the heart of Derbyshire. With over 20 years expertise in providing projects for liquid and gas process applications across the water, chemical, energy and food market sectors, my client sets the standard and perceived as a market leader within their respective market.
With an all-encompassing and in-house engineering team, this engineering manufacturing organisation can provide systems and turnkey solutions for retrofits, upgrades as well as delivering projects for brand new factories.
As a Contracts Manager, you will hold a senior position within the business and play a pivotal role in accelerating growth within the capital projects department. As a result, my client is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager or Senior Project Manager to spearhead a team, deploy resources and deliver £multi-million-pound projects and to ensure they are delivered on time, safely and to within budget.
You will directly manage a team of Project Engineers and Project Managers as well as a dedicated engineering team ranging from Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Process Engineers.
If you are an experienced Contracts Manager, Programmes Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager or Engineering Project Manager or work in a similar position and looking for a company where you will have plenty of opportunities to progress & develop, then please call Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment on 01162167000 for a confidential call to learn more about my client.
The role of the Contracts Manager will be as follows:
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for controlling and managing several £multi-million projects
- To act as the commercial and technical interface between the client and internal stakeholders
- Responsible for all technical, commercial and contractual elements of the project from cradle to grave
- Outline project programs using Microsoft Project and Gantt charts and to manage project schedules
- Set and deliver the scope of works, control budgets on programs and to set the schedule to deliver framework agreements
- Technically you will be responsible for ensuring all contracts/project activities meet the scope of work and technical specification
- Commercially, you will be responsible for guaranteeing the budgets are adhered to, capturing variable costs, payments, invoicing and profit per contract/project
- Monthly progress reviews and reporting to senior stakeholders on the status of the contract/project
- To ensure the contracts/project meets company, industry and quality standards set out by the client and internal quality procedures
- Oversee the design, build, site transfer, install and commissioning of all projects
- Oversee the management of Subcontractors via the Project Manager and Project Engineers and to ensure all RAMS are carried out
- Conduct regular H&S and quality audits on the project to ensure processes and procedures are being followed
To be successful for the Contracts Managers role you will need:
- A project track record in managing medium to large project teams either as a Contracts Manager, Programmes Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager or Engineering Project Manager or work in a similar position
- Ideal sectors must be related to process engineering/process plant such as water, wastewater, chemical process, O&G, energy to waste, food, beverage, dairy, materials process, plastics process etc.
- A suitable engineering qualification – mechanical, electrical, construction or civil
- Strong leadership and management skills with a track record in H&S
- Experienced in budget & financial accountability for project teams
- Ideally a Prince II and proficient with Microsoft Project
- Fantastic onboarding program
- Excellent remuneration package
- Autonomy to manage £multi-million-pound projects and an expert project delivery team
- Lots of opportunities to progress & develop
- Support for external training courses and further education
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.