£30,000 – £38,000 + 25 days’ holiday + Overtime (£20 per hour) +50% uplift on basic salary when overseas for 10 days or more
Our client is a process design consultancy who run multi-million pound turnkey projects within an array of industries. With a name synonymous with quality, they are a staple employer with a rich history in the area spanning over 260 years and employing close to 300 staff.
Over the past 6 years, the business has increased from £50 million to over £80 million and are currently on track to reach £100 million within the next 2 years. Taking on ever more exciting projects from design, equipment procurement and installation for customers spanning the globe.
They are a true engineering business who employ over 100 staff in engineering roles across process design, mechanical design, controls and automation and project engineering. The business offers their customers consultancy services and full turnkey project management services to their clients and are seeing a large increase in the number of turnkey projects they are winning. Many of their customers are large blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
Due to the variety of industries this client work within, including Pharmaceutical, Brewery/Distillery and Food & Beverage, this role offers a huge opportunity to work across a wide array of exciting, complex projects.
The company are looking to recruit an experienced Controls Engineer to join their skilled and passionate team.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for all software element of an integrated project through to product commissioning at site, this will involve:
- Creation of User Requirement Specification
- Creation of Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- From the FDS and P&ID the Controls engineer than carries out all the PLC Programming in Siemens (TIA Portal) and Rockwell (Factory Talk SE) for systems from 100 – 10,000 I/O.
- The Controls Engineer will also create all the SCADA Screens required to allow the SCADA system to communicate the data elsewhere within the control system, this involves creating queries in SQL Database
- Once all software is produced it is tested in simulation on PC (FAT test) and then with a customer present (CAT Test)
- The Controls Engineer will then travel to site once the electrical/mechanical equipment has been installed and will test the process to ensure it is working successfully
Projects are global and site work could be anywhere in the UK, Americas or Asia.
To be successful in your application for these Controls Engineer vacancies you will need:
- An Electrical/electronic/automation/controls qualification
- Experience working within an automation/controls position
- Experience PLC Programming (Siemens/Rockwell) and SCADA development
- To be happy to travel for the end of the site installation phase of a project
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years’ experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field
- Great starting salary with the ability to earn overtime (depending on the banding you start in) which could earn you up to £10k per year extra depending on the projects you work on
- Future career progression into Senior Project Engineering and Project Management roles.
- Possibility of Chartership in the future
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation