Controls / Electrical Design Engineer
£38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Commutable from: Northampton, Wellingborough, Market Harborough, Kettering
- 25 days annual leave
- Opportunities to progress into Senior Engineer
- Early finish Fridays
Our client supplies automated material handling equipment to business all over the world within E-Commerce, Industrial, Packaging, Automotive, Logistics and more.
They are currently looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to write the PLC code from scratch who can also produce control panel designs on AutoCAD Electrical.
The role of the Controls Engineer will include:
- Programming PLC’s (Siemens S7 & TIA Portal)
- Produce schematics and panel layouts
- Occasionally create the FDS and conduct basic electrical calculations
- Test and debug PLC code
- Install the control panel onto the system and load the PLC code to ensure it adheres to the specification
- There will be occasional travel (can be UK or Overseas) to site to make modifications and changes to a control panel or PLC code during the installation and commissioning phase
The successful candidate will come with the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Controls Engineer who has worked with Siemens, Allen Bradley, Rockwell or Schneider PLC’s
- Able to use an electrical design package such as AutoCAD Electrical or Eplan
- Worked with conveyors, robotics, material handling systems (desired)
- Qualified to BTEC level or above in Electrical Engineer
- Understands technical standards such as machine directives
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org I can also be contacted directly on 07814889567. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.