Customs and Foreign Trade Officer
- £37,500 - £50,000
- Matched pension, health care and life assurance
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire
Are you a Customs and Foreign Trade Officer who is highly knowledgeable on Brexit, Brexit Planning and Brexit Readiness? If so, I have a fantastic role for a Customs and Foreign Trade Officer to join a multi-site and multi-national manufacturing business that generates over €750m annual sales.
Currently, my client doesn’t have local expertise related to trade, compliance, export control and Brexit Readiness and rely very heavily on the parent company. As a result, they are not looking to recruit a Customs and Foreign Trade Officer to join them and steer them in the right direction.
As a global business, my client can offer the opportunity to work for a secure and stable business with lots of opportunities to progress both within the UK and parts of mainland Europe into the larger group.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 2167002 and from there, I will arrange a time for us to have a confidential call to discuss my client and the role in detail.
The role of the Customs and Foreign Trade Officer will be as follows:
- To manage all UK import, export, foreign trade, customs, and compliance initiatives
- Support the business in knowledge related to HRMC, customs export, and Brexit planning
- Ensure all data is regularly updated and accurately maintained on SAP
- To also ensure the business is audit-ready from both the HRMC and external partners
- Working with the team to ensure the organization is legally compliant to HRMC, trade, customs, and compliance regulations
- Ensure all tariff coding is accurate and up to date as well as managing foreign trade projects
- Ensuring legally compliant import and export for the factory
- Monitoring of the preferential calculations to be carried out of the plant, and for the EU and other regions
- Key user for MIC & SAP related processes
- Coordination with Internal Finance and UK HMRC in case of audits and compliance
- To manage all HMRC, import and exports processes owning the development of the selected team members
The ideal Customs and Foreign Trade Officer will have the following:
- Experienced in Trade & Compliance ideally within engineering, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace or general engineering market sectors
- Proficient knowledge of international trade, goods, and services
- Experienced in customs filing, classification, origin calculation and export control
- Expert in Brexit, Brexit Planning and Brexit Readiness is essential
- Significant practical experience of ERP systems – ideally SAP
- Can handle complex topics related to audits with HRMC
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 0116 216 7000 or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.