Electrical/Senior Electrical Engineer
Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham)
£30,000 – 48,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance at Senior Level
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs 140 staff of which 80 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and anticipate they will turn over £50 million in 2018.
The company are looking to recruit a Project Engineer who will be responsible for the mechanical engineering aspects of projects the company run from equipment specification, procurement through to overseeing installation and commissioning activities at site.
After project has been won & a P&ID is created by the process design team, the Electrical/Senior Electrical Engineer will then:
• Carry out the electrical design work for the electrical system required including establishing what size and shape of cables are needed, what size motors are required and the type of control panel required for the project.
• Create single line diagrams, create cable schedules and layout for the electrical installation.
• Create specifications for the electrical installation and controls panels and instrumentation required for projects and put these specifications out for tender with suppliers.
• Analyse the supplier tenders for cost and technical comparisons and select the appropriate supplier for each area of the project.
• Manage and oversee the suppliers building the control panels for the project – visit the supplier, invite the customer to the visit to ensure they are happy. Organise factory acceptance and functional testing for the panels once they are manufactured.
• Manage up progress and issues during progress on electrical work to the Project Manager – make them aware of any variations to order to ensure they are managed.
• Once the project goes to site – you then oversee the electrical installation contractors carrying out the installation work and ensure electrical equipment arriving at site is as specified and the site comes together as per the layout.
• Carry out electrical commission activity at site before site goes into production. At a senior level you will take some responsibility for the work being done by less experienced electrical engineers on projects.
To be successful in your application for the Electrical/Senior Electrical Engineer role you will need:
• An electrical engineering qualification of HNC, HND or Degree.
• Exposure to electrical projects being involved from design through to site installation is beneficial
• Alternatively you could be an electrical design engineer looking for more full project lifecycle responsibility
• Or a more site biased electrical engineer who is looking to take on more design responsibility.
• To be happy to travel to site for installation and commissioning phases of projects.
• £30,000 – 48,000 dependant upon level of seniority
• £20 per hour overtime (Electrical Engineer)
• £4,320 car allowance (Senior Electrical Engineer)
• 50% uplift on salary when overseas for more than two weeks at a time
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.