Field Service Engineer
North West Based – UK Wide Role
£32,000 + Company Van/Car + Paid O/T at Weekends
My client designs, develops, installs and services equipment for the FMCG and Logistics Industry. Their machines are bespoke and integrated within packaging lines to perform their function. The business has been trading for 20 years, is privately owned and has grown impressively to the £20 million business with 70 staff they are today.
The business are still growing circa 10% year on year and 2020 was no exception with the key markets they work in still being very busy. They traded very successfully through the year and had no requirement to furlough any staff.
The business is looking for a new Field Service Engineer who will be based out of the North West and will travel throughout the UK as required. The business has a 12 strong service engineering team and offers a fantastic close knit family feel and offer a comprehensive training programme for the first two months in the business before someone goes into the field to work alone.
If you have a level three electrical qualification and come from either a field service or maintenance background this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Field Service Engineer role will see you being responsible for carrying out the planned maintenance, breakdown work and installation of the clients equipment. Key responsibilities will be:
- Planned Service Calls – typically 1-2 day jobs carrying out servicing plus any follow up repair work. The electrical and mechanical work will be checking for worn components and replacing where required.
- Reactive breakdown calls – any issues are initially managed to the hotline support team and will be fed to you if they haven’t been resolved remotely.
- Installations – This will entail mounting the machine and wiring the machine up correctly so it can’t communicate with the production line it is integrated into.
- Electrically the role will require you to carry out fault finding, cable installations and component replacement.
- Mechanical work will include basic fabrication (drilling holes) and fitting.
To be successful in your application for this Field Service Engineer position you will need:
- A level 3 or equivalent electrical qualification.
- To be able to fault find electrically.
- To be happy travelling throughout the UK
- Some experience in a field service or maintenance role.
- Company Car/Van
- Paid Overtime at Weekends.
- A manager to work for who has been with the business for over ten years.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to email@example.com or give me a call on 07827 295740.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.