Field Service Engineer
£32,000 to start + Car + OT
Working from home based anywhere in the Yorkshire region
A market leader in the sales and service of specialist printing and labelling technology that is installed into a variety of industries from food, fmcg and general manufacturing. This business is well established and has a strong market share which gives their employees unrivalled job security in these uncertain times.
Working from home and covering customer sites across the UK your role is a mix of scheduled maintenance visits, responding to emergency breakdowns and the installation of new products.
- The field service engineer role itself is electrically biased in nature, working on 230v systems, and includes wiring, fault finding and changing components.
- Mechanically you can expect to be working on belts and pulley systems, stripping down and rebuilding equipment on site and light fabrication work
- An installation would typically involve electrical wiring the product to the customers existing production line and integrating it to their process, this can involve setting up IP addresses and networking, so a degree of IT proficiency is required
- An electrical qualification is required to be considered for this field service engineer role and the client is ideally looking for an NVQ level 3 in electrical as standard.
- This is a customer facing role, so personality is key. You need to be able to communicate well with customers and be able to build a great relationship with them
- The company does have a large team of regionally based engineers so you will focus on the local customer base but there will be the need to travel and work away from home during the week
- The successful field service engineer can expect full product training on complex equipment to develop your skills
- Company car or van to suit your own circumstances
- A structured progression plan that increases your salary as you get stronger in the role
- Job security of working mainly in the food/fmcg industry for a company that have not furloughed anyone during the pandemic - the business is strong
- It’s a rare field service role where you get to be out and about but not living out of a suitcase and be back home most nights
Interviews can be arranged immediately so apply by following the online instructions or send a CV to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.