Group engineering manager, £65,000 + 5k shift allowance + 10% bonus
Due to the nature of the role you must be happy traveling from the north west through central England. Ideally you will live within the midlands area.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading engineering technology business who are taking industry 4.0 by storm. Our client, who specialise within system integration for the warehousing industry work with blue chip companies across Europe to provide automation and residential maintenance support. The company, who turnover north of 700 million Euros have been operational since the 50s, however, with the need and rise of automated machinery our client has grown significantly over the last 10 years becoming a supplier of choice of high-end automated solutions. The company who are enduring a fantastic period of growth have seen their business go from strength to strength over the last five years and are set to have another positive year in 2020. This has brought on the need for a group engineering manager who will be responsible for overseeing 3 fast paced sites in the UK.
As the group engineer manager, you will be responsible;
- Overseeing the management of three busy fully automated distribution sites.
- You will be directly responsible for the day to day management of site engineering managers
- Providing support to onsite customers as and where required.
- Liaising with the customers to ensure an efficient and safe working environment.
- Budget control & management of the P&L
- Managing CAPEX Projects from birth through to completion, including having budgetary control.
- 1-2-1’s, Appraisals, Disciplinaries, Recruitment, and Training & Development
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills, abilities or qualifications:
- Must have previous experience working as managing a team of managers within an automated production or FMCG environment/
- Must have previous experience of managing installation or upgrade projects on manufacturing lines.
- Experience managing large engineering budgets.
- Must have experience performing LEAN, Root cause and CI tasks.
- Must have a recognised engineering qualification (Elec/mech)
Due to this being a customer facing role, is important that you are a strong and effective communicator. You must be able to develop strong working relationships, effectively handle difficult situations and be an excellent decision maker.
In a time of uncertainty for UK engineering, this really is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking for career stability with a company that is scaling up, not down. We have a number of engineers/managers across all of their sites and the post placement feedback we have received from them has been excellent, with all engineers commenting on how supporting the senior management team are, the fantastic vibe around site & how the state-of-the-art systems in place are more advanced then they have ever seen before.