Head of Procurement
60-65K + 5.5k car allowance + pension + 25 days holiday
I am working exclusively in partnership with one of the UK’s leading process engineering companies. The business focus on the delivery of turnkey engineering projects for process industries including mechanical, electrical, process and software design as well as the fabrication of some process plant equipment for industries including food, drink, and pharmaceuticals. The projects the company deliver range from £2 - £20 million in value and the business employs 160 people at their UK operation including many engineers who have achieved chartered status.
The company have grown incredibly in the past five years from a turnover of £25 million to £50 million currently with the next five years seeing them expect to become a £100 million business. The company has the backing of a large global organisation and a local trading history dating back over 200 years.
As part of their targeted growth plan the business are now looking to add a Head of Procurement to their senior management team. The main focus of the role will be to devise and install a robust procurement strategy for the business. You will also be expected to:
- Analyse the current supply chain and procurement systems and processes
- Leverage better commercial arrangements with suppliers
- Identify and mitigate for high risk profile suppliers in the supply chain
- Be directly involved in key transactions/projects where most gain can be made – i.e. 4-5 million orders
- Review the current supplier list in place
- Introduce KPIs for procurement
- Review and define negotiation strategy for the business
- Co-operate with other companies in the European group to identify suppliers they have buying power with, creating a joined-up approach
- Understand how they leverage best agreements with suppliers.
- Reduce unnecessary procurement administration
The ideal Head of Procurement will need:
- Experience in the setting and implementation of a procurement strategy for a manufacturing business
- A strong analytical mind
- Strong commercial, planning and negotiation skills
The successful Head of Procurement will be a key component in the senior management team and can expect to play a significant part in the business achieving their goals, Once they have defined and implemented their strategy successfully their will be the potential to take on more responsibility in the team development of their own team.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0116 216 7000
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.