Maintenance Engineer (Day Shift)
£35,000 – 40,000 + Paid Overtime
Our client are one of the largest steel stockists and processors of steel in the UK with over 1,000 staff in the UK and nearly 30 sites across the country. The business is privately owned and has been trading for over 150 years.
The site the company has in Brighton is an automated steel processing site with CNC Drilling, sawing, cutting and milling machines as well as shot blasting equipment. The company can hold up to 20,000 tonnes of steel at the site and process 200 tonnes of steel per day.
The company have an exciting opportunity for a day shift based maintenance engineer to join the team with immediate effect, they are looking to recruit a multi skilled maintenance engineer with solid electrical fault finding skills so please apply online for immediate consideration if you’re interested.
The company can interview with immediate effect.
You will be joining a maintenance team of five engineers currently, there is a great team in place currently who have a strong mechanical maintenance skill set. The manager now wants to bring in someone with strong electrical skills to complement the team in place.
You will be carrying out maintenance and breakdown work on CNC Drilling, Cutting and Milling machines as well as Plasma Cutters, Paint Lines and Handling Beds.
Your role will involve:
- Responding to all equipment breakdowns at site.
- Proactive servicing of machinery.
- Electrical – control circuit issues, motor changes, 3 phase fault finding.
- Mechanical – replacing chain drives, roller beds.
- The role works on a day shift pattern.
You will get full training on the machinery at site for the first two weeks as well as getting training from the machinery manufacturer.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Engineer role you will need:
- An engineering qualification.
- Strong electrical fault finding skills.
- Experience in a maintenance roles in an industrial/engineering environment.
- To be a great team player.
- To be happy in a day shift position.
For the right maintenance engineer the client will offer:
- £35,000 – 40,000 basic salary.
- Overtime up to 1.5x rate.
- An immediate start date if available.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0116 216 7004.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.