Job title: Maintenance Engineer
Benefits: Paid holiday, Site closes on Bank holidays, 1 week shut down at Christmas.
Shifts: DAYS! Monday to Friday (8am- 4pm)
My client is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of high-quality products and are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their business in Stevenage. Massive on research and development, my client stays ahead of the competition by constantly developing their production lines ensuring their packaging is lighter, cheaper and more durable than their closest rival. My client is also able to complete high volume orders with the state-of-the-art machinery, meaning their order books are full. My client supply into various markets including food, Pharmaceutical and Laundry which makes them an incredible stable business in the current climate.
Your day to day responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer will include:
- The planned and reactive maintenance and service of flow wrapping machines, blow film extruder's, flexographic printing, conveyors plus more.
- Mechanically you will mainly be replacing worn out parts which will include rollers, bearings, pulleys and Pneumatics.
- Electrical work will include reading through electrical schematics, utilizing electrical test equipment such as multi-meters and fault finding on panels.
- Mainly swapping both electrical and mechanical components like for like with the odd strip and rebuild project.
- Being involved with project and continuous improvement work meaning you are engineering problems out as appose to sticking a plaster on it.
To be successful in your application for a Maintenance Engineer you will need:
- An electrical or mechanical qualification.
- Confident fault finding both electrical and Mechanical.
- Maintenance experience in a production, manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Confident on three phase kit.
- Alternatively, you could be from the Navy, Army or RAF with an electrical qualification.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you should expect:
- You will be joining a highly successful £multi-million company who can offer a massive amount of stability and security.
- Days Based role with no weekend work!
- Fantastic salary
- Contribution pension
If you are interested in hearing the full details of the role, please give me a call or click apply. Alternatively Email me directly on email@example.com