Mornings, Afternoons and Night Shifts (Monday to Friday 6-2, 2-10, 10-6)
£34,000 + Paid Overtime OTE 38-40K + 10% Contributory Pension
Well established as one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of construction materials this business boasts some of the most well-known brands in their sector. Their commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing investment has led to strong organic growth in recent years and minimal disruption despite these unprecedented times.
Their site near Gonalston in Nottinghamshire is a large scale manufacturing site employing 180 staff with an engineering team of 10 on site. Due to an internal promotion they are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join their team with immediate effect.
In this role you will be joining an engineering team of ten, there are currently four mechanical maintenance engineers in the team and three electrical maintenance engineers all reporting to the team leader. The equipment used in the manufacturing process includes mixers, conveyors and casting machinery.
The role will work on an eight hour shift basis rotating through morning shifts, afternoon shifts and night shifts (6am – 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am). Your key duties in the role will be:
- For the first few months you will shadow of one the senior electrical maintenance engineers at site before moving onto your shift.
- Electrical work including fault finding and dealing with issues with electrical components such as damaged cables/wiring, relays, inverters, photocells and sensors.
- Replacing and repairing motors.
- Carrying out electrical projects for the site – this could be installing new cabling on machinery.
- Carrying out planned electrical checks on the equipment at site.
The can offer external training courses in your development including 18th edition, Manual Handling and IPAF courses.
The ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer role will need:
- An electrical qualification to level 3 or equivalent
- Experience as maintenance engineer in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer can expect to shadow a senior member of the team initially before moving onto shifts after two to three months. There is also a promote from within policy so there will be scope to progress into people management or into more technical roles
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0116 216 7004
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.