Double Day Shifts (2 weeks of mornings, 1 week of afternoons)
ATA are working exclusively with a Birmingham based FMCG business who are currently looking to recruit two maintenance engineers as part of a team expansion. The site processes food goods and has been in operation for over 50 years with over 300 staff at site, a turnover in excess of £100 million and a current engineering team of five.
The business has invested heavily in automation in past few years spending millions on state-of-the-art food packaging and processing equipment as the business continues to grow and as a result of this expansion they are now looking to recruit two new maintenance engineers with immediate effect.
The business boasts an excellent staff retention record, the hiring manager has been with the business for over a decade and has built a strong team culture at site.
As a Maintenance Engineer on this site you will be working on planned and reactive maintenance for a wide range of equipment including conveyors, bagging machines, optical inspection equipment, vertical filling machines, weighing equipment and metal detectors.
The role works on a double days shift pattern with two weeks out of three doing the morning shift (6am to 2pm) and the other week on afternoons (2pm to 10pm). The morning shifts tend to be more reactive in nature as this is when the site distributes. The afternoon shift is then used to follow up on planned maintenance activities.
The role will involve:
- Electrical work including – fault finding, repairing sensors, photocell, cables and replacing motors and inverters
- Mechanical work including issues with drive belts wearing on conveyors, planned maintenance (all equipment on a 12 week schedule)
- Walking the machinery at the start of shift to talk about any issues with operators
- Reactive maintenance work mainly on the morning shift.
- Carried out planned maintenance activities
You will initially work on a day shift for a couple of months before you are up to speed and ready to move onto the shift rotation.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Engineer role you will need:
- Strong electrical fault-finding skills
- Experience in a maintenance engineering role in a production, manufacturing or distribution setting
- To be a team player
- An engineering qualification
For this Maintenance Engineer role you will receive:
- 5% Pension
- Support and training until you ready to move onto shifts.
- The opportunity to work for a company investing millions in automation for its future.
If you’re interested in this role please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation