Days based. Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30.
(1 week in 5, Call out rota)
£34,000 plus paid overtime. OTE £40,000
Kings Norton, Birmingham
A recognised high-volume and specialist manufacturer is currently looking to strengthen their Engineering department with the appointment of a mechanical maintenance engineer. With a full order book record growth this a great time to join a growing company. Lots of overtime available. This well-known and large global manufacturing group have recently acquired several large contracts. Our client currently makes 30 million a year in the UK, this is an excellent time to join a large manufacturing group with strong backing from large American manufacturing group.
This is a perfect opportunity for any Maintenance Engineer looking to get off their shift pattern or someone looking to progress their skills within an amazing business.
The role of Maintenance engineer:
The role will involve:
You will be working in a heavy industry environment working on extruders, large conveyors, extrusion presses, extruders and much more.
Carrying out reactive maintenance on production equipment and machines across all the production facilities. The role will be 50% reactive and 50% PPM driven. You will be encouraged to have a direct input into the continuous improvement culture and have individual project ownership as you grow your career within the company.
- Working on Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Replacing components like for like on large heavy industrial equipment.
- Fault finding mechanically on all factory equipment.
- Reading equipment drawings.
- Following weekly and monthly PPM plans when required.
- Welding and fabricating when required.
You will be working in a heavy industry environment.
The company offer a good training and induction programme where they would have you learn how to use some of the machinery before getting one on one mentoring with one of their most experienced engineers.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance engineer role you will need
Mechanical maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification or equivalent
Knowledge of pumps, pipework, filters, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems would also be great
The Benefits – Maintenance engineer role
- Lots of overtime available
Interviews can be arranged immediately so apply by following the online instructions or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
- By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation