Location: Cornwall, Falmouth
- £39,000 - £44,000 + company bonus
- Full relocation package available
- Pension up to 14% by the employer if you contribute 7%
- Life cover
- Share options
- Phone + laptop
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer or Process Engineer with a proven track record in delivering effective and efficient manufacturing process improvements? If you are, then I have a fantastic opportunity for the successful applicant to join a financially secure, stable and growing organisation. With the current global crisis gripping the world, my client plays an instrumental part in the design, manufacture and supply of critical parts for medical and healthcare applications and are looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to support the business and their growth plans.
Having successfully recruited for this business, I can honestly say they are a true investor in their people concerning remuneration, training & development and working conditions. They are at the forefront of the design and manufacture of cutting-edge products supplied to various sectors across the world.
With the backing of a larger parent company, this role will offer the suitable Manufacturing Engineer an opportunity to work in a group related role once the initial three-year project has been completed.
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer will be as follows:
- To play an integral part in all electronics production activities related to Global Excellence Manufacturing
- Working alongside the Mechanical Production Engineers you will be responsible for designing and managing efficient manufacturing processes
- Design and implement new cell layouts of which 16 are dedicated to electronics assembly
- Optimise the current process to ensure the manufacturing facility is agile
- Working with the Continuous Improvement Manager for the continued improvement of the assembly manufacturing process
- Support and lead all route cause analysis and corrective measures across the factory
- To also support the introduction of new products and to ensure the manufacturing capabilities are aligned to meet customer demands in an efficient manner
- Currently, they have minimal automation and the objectives moving forward is to automate parts of the process which you will manage
- Designing new electronic equipment to assist in the manufacture and test of their products
- To review and challenge current manufacturing processes and to suggest and execute improvement projects
- Review and improve SOP’s and drafting and training all engineers on improved working practices
- Modifying and creating PLC codes in ladder logic for the equipment used to manufacture and assemble the products – training provided
Experience & background required for the Manufacturing Engineers role:
- An experienced Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Internal Project Engineer or Quality Engineer with an electronics production bias
- A suitable qualification related to their field – Electronics, Mechatronics or Electrical
- You must have worked for an engineering or manufacturing business
- A track record in continuous improvement and optimization or processes
- Experienced in implementing, delivering and executing production improvements
- Working experience in lean strategies and methodologies, ideally lean qualified
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to write PLC code from scratch
- Located or willing to relocate to Cornwall – full relocation support available if required.
The company and benefits:
My client can offer a fantastic remuneration package and relocation support if required. You will be rewarded with an excellent training programme whilst working for one of the world’s market leaders in the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical systems, within their respective field. Alongside this, you will work for a multi-million-pound manufacturing organisation with net profits of more than 25%.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 0116 2167000, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.