Mechanical Design Engineer
£25,000 - £38,000
Commutable from: Northampton, Wellingborough, Market Harborough, Kettering
- 25 days annual leave
- Opportunities to progress into Senior/Project Engineering
- Early finish Fridays
Our client supplies automated material handling equipment to business all over the world within E-Commerce, Industrial, Packaging, Automotive, Logistics and more.
They are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with experience within metal fabrication who can produce 2D and 3D designs.
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Produce 2D & 3D designs and models of materials handling systems using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Producing calculations such as loads, FEA and Structural calcs
- Produce layouts and detailed designs incorporating stainless steel, controls, PLC’s, motors, electrical wiring, gearboxes, bearings, shafts, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Produce 2D fabrication, assembly and part drawings
- Manage any design variations from the shop floor and solve any manufacturing issues related to design
- Create specification of all items and equipment layout schedules
- Be involved with NPI and NPD projects
- Handling up to four designs at any one time
The successful candidate will come with the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Design Engineer from within a metal fabrication background with 3+ years’ experience
- Able to understand how equipment is made and what is possible i.e., tolerances on bends
- Must have used any of the following 3D packages; Autodesk Inventor (preferred), Creo, CATIA, SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Experience with some form of sheet metal, fabrication, welding or machines parts background
- Familiar with materials handling systems, conveyors or automation (not essential)
- Mechanical Engineering qualification, minimum BTEC
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to email@example.com I can also be contacted directly on 07814889567. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.