- £80,000 - £85,000
- Car allowance £7,431 per annum
- 15% bonus based on performance
- Matched pension
- Family healthcare
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ leave
- Relocation support available for the successful applicant
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
ATA Search is working in partnership with a key client on a retained assignment who is looking to attract an Operations Director to join this market-leading manufacturing business based in the heart of Derbyshire. With over 30 years of trading history, multiple sites in the UK and an impressive +£1billion turnover, this company is driven by sustainable business growth and innovation.
The UK operations design, manufacture and supply engineering product solutions for a wide variety of sectors of which all UK sites are regulated under COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations) therefore, it's important that the ideal Operations Director has a track record in managing COMAH sites.
With a strong post-pandemic recovery, this company is looking to increase their revenues and market share over the coming five years by organic growth and further acquisitions and as a result, they are looking to recruit an Operations Director with the strength of character to make a tough business decision and the ability to motivate and lead a team of highly capable Engineers/Managers. Success in the role could lead to a Group Operation Directors position or further promotions in the global group.
If you are interested in having a confidential discussion about my client and your suitability for this role, please email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com and a summary of your experience in managing COMAH sites.
The Operation Director’s role will be as follows:
- To ensure the operation department plays an integral part in the company increasing EBITDA to +10%
- Manage and lead a team of 8 direct reports across engineering, H&S, customer service, operations, supply chain, quality and engineering
- Performance management and a review of the team as well as their capabilities
- To provide effective leadership across the two sites with circa 250 staff – employee engagement, creating vision and leadership
- Value stream analysis and to outline ways in improving operational capacity
- Outline improvement programmes across the following KPI’s – LTA, Scrap, Yield, Waste, OTIF, OEE and material consumption
- Manage day to day operations across the two sites to ensure manufacturing KPI’s are achieved
- Review operational costs, reduce cost and outline methods to increase output and profitability
- Resource planning, effective labour planning and headcount budgeting
- Outline cost savings and lean improvements that will deliver YOY improvements
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture across the two sites and championing all H&S initiatives
The ideal Operations Director will have a combination of the following:
- Experienced Operations Director, Factory Director, Manufacturing Director or Plant Director type background
- You must have worked in a COMAH manufacturing facility
- A leader with the strength of character to make a tough decision and to introduce improvement projects
- Alongside this, it’s equally important that the successful applicant can lead, mentor, coach and guide the current team by creating a cohesive vision
- A track record in lean and continuous improvement is highly desirable
- A suitable engineering qualification
- Strong leadership and management skills
You will be rewarded with a fantastic remuneration package with full autonomy to drive operational changes as you see fit. As the Operations Director, you will already hold a senior position within the company however, there will be opportunities for you to expand the role further over the next five years.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation