Operations Director – Tewkesbury, MA (USA)
- €1200,000 - $180,000 basic salary and depending on experience
- Incentive plan – 20% of basic salary
- Company stock options and LTIPS
- 401(k) pension
- Subsidised healthcare
- Self-managed time annual leave
- Life assurance and health care cover
- Additional health and wellbeing benefits
- Immediate start available
Location: Tewkesbury, MA Massachusetts (USA)
ATA Search based in the UK is working in partnership with a manufacturing business based in Tewkesbury Massachusetts USA, with a history dating back to over 30 years. As a market leader, they set the benchmark in designing, manufacturing, supplying and servicing a range of sophisticated mechanical and electromechanical systems to a variety of sectors across the world.
As part of a group generating more than $500m annual sales, this business unit has recently transformed their organisation and are now looking for an Operations Director to manage the plant in Massachusetts. You will drive programmes related to operational change, employee engagement and continuous improvement initiatives in line with the overall group strategy.
As such, we are keen to recruit an experienced Operations Director from an engineering or manufacturing background with a proven track record in leading multi-disciplined and multi-cultural teams with strong expertise in change management and leadership. For further information and a confidential call, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, there maybe a delay in a reply due to the time difference.
- Provide leadership and setting strategy, KPIs, and deliverables for continuous improvement within the areas of safety, environmental, customer experience/quality, production, reliability and profitability
- Effectively and efficiently manage the operations across production, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, supply chain, quality, health & safety, and continuous improvement
- Modernize and drive efficiency through manufacturing to support double-digit output every five years
- Ensure a continuous and maximum Health & Safety environment with zero lost time accidents or injuries to staff members
- Exceed customer and manufacturing expectations related to customer delivery, quality, cost, and Health & Safety
- Exceed annual budgets and financial plans with full budget control related to labour, materials, inventory, supply chain, overheads, OpEx, CapEx and indirect manufacturing costs
- Responsible for the financial performance of the plant to meet business requirements
- Developing the annual operating plan/budgets and continuously reviewing the plan compliance concerning production, yields, and fixed costs
- Manage all capital expenditure projects to improve the facilities ensuring an effective ROI (return on investment)
- On-going recruitment and development programmes to support the overall growth of the Massachusetts business unit
- Continuously challenge the performance of the plant, operations and ways of working to ensure a consistent and evolving way of working to support the overall growth targets
- Experienced Operations Director, Manufacturing Director or General Manager type background
- Experienced in managing plant operations in the engineering or manufacturing sector
- A suitable engineering, manufacturing, industrial, supply chain or business qualification – degree or MBA preferred
- Experienced in lean, continuous improvement and Health & Safety
- Change management expert with strong leadership skills
You will be rewarded with a fantastic remuneration package with full autonomy to drive commercial and operational changes as you see fit. As Operations Director for Massachusetts, you will have complete control and ownership for setting and executing business strategies as well as the opportunity to progress into a group-based role, where you can manage further sites across the US.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please email me an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation