- £75,000 - £90,000 basic salary
- Incentive plan – 10%
- Car or car allowance
- Pension – 8% employer contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life assurance and health care cover
- 25 days leave + public holidays
Location: Home based preferably Midlands based
You will ideally be located: Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and all surrounding areas
ATA Search is working for a multi-site and £multi-million manufacturing business supplying a range of manufactured products to various market sectors. Boasting sales of over £150m, they are highly profitable and driven by strategic growth both organic and through acquisition.
Well established and identified as a leader in their field, this company sets the standard by employee satisfaction, excellent customer service and providing a product that is unrivalled by their competition.
Employee engagement is key to their success with a low staff turnover and loyal workforce. Aside from this, the group is driven by sustainability and improvement projects significantly reducing their carbon footprint and energy consumption.
As a result of a restructuring within the business, this company is looking to establish a robust procurement department where the Procurement Manager will develop, implement and lead a holistic purchasing strategy that delivers the company’s customer service goals and objectives and financial targets.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to email@example.com
- To create a robust and efficient purchasing/procurement function across multiple revenue streams with a clear strategy, process and KPIs
- Direct hands-on management and responsibility, accountability, coordination, and performance of the procurement activities
- Establish relationships with the existing purchasing team and build relationships, outline training programmes and support and guide them on best practice purchasing management
- Value stream analysis of the current team, purchasing processes, and SOPs and to outline improvement initiatives
- Manage a purchasing spend of £20m-£25m and £50m of raw materials per annum
- Review new and existing supplier contracts, and supplier performance and negotiate improved rates and service agreements
- Strategic review of the current vendor list and make the assessment and decision to change this accordingly - Increase or rationalise as you see fit
- Introduce purchasing KPIs, and supplier targets and review the current supplier base
- Outline and introduce continuous improvement projects throughout the purchasing department to reduce cost, improve efficiencies and eradicate waste in the process
- Analyse and review purchasing behaviours, buying trends vs production activities
- An experienced Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement, Purchasing Manager, Head of Purchasing, Supply Chain Manager, Buying Manager or a related role
- Experienced in purchasing activities within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- MCIPS/CIPS qualification is highly desirable
- A proven track record in strategic procurement and high-level negotiation
- A proven track record of change management within a Procurement Department and a demonstrable track record in implementing new processes
- Demonstrable leadership and people development skills
You will have full autonomy to set up and manage the purchasing department for a growing business. There will also be numerous opportunities for you to progress within the larger group and for a Group Procurement Managers role for a £150m+ turnover business.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and interim basis – For more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation