- £40,000 - £45,000 basic salary based on experience
- Days role Monday to Friday with flexible start times
- Matched pension
- 28 days’ leave rising to 33 with each years’ service
- Phone & laptop
- Immediate start available
ATA Recruitment is currently working with an extremely successful manufacturing business that supplies market-leading products to sectors such as the e-commerce industry. They have been established in the UK for nearly 20 years and generate an impressive £9m annual sales.
The company currently employs around 30 people who are responsible for production, operations, logistics, planning and engineering (maintenance) and you will be required to provide effective and strong leadership to the team on the shop floor.
This role will already hold high responsibility as you will be the most senior point of contact on-site reporting directly to the Operations Manager. They are currently looking to recruit a motivated Production Manager with excellent leadership skills and that can bring modern manufacturing techniques to the business for them to achieve growth and improvement targets.
If you are a driven Production Manager who has previous experience working within a medium to fast-paced manufacturing environment and have excellent leadership skills, apply now for immediate consideration!
The role of the Production Manager will be as follows:
- Hands-on Production Manager who will lead a team of circa 30 staff across a manufacturing and production business
- The Production Manager will act as the Senior Manager on-site, taking responsibility for all production activities across a 3-shift system
- Managing the team and to coordinate all activities across production, production planning, maintenance, and logistics
- Lead all daily and weekly production meetings, Gemba walks and reporting back to the Operations Manager
- Review the previous days performance, forward planning and mitigating any risks that could impact production or delivery to customers such as material shortages or machine downtime
- To manage and lead the team on the shop floor providing lots of support, mentoring and guidance
- To lead and manage the team whilst driving operational KPI’s and increasing output
- Manage all HR related activities – recruitment, 1-2-1’s, appraisals, development plans, training, performance management and disciplinaries
- Introduce and drive continuous improvement programs across the factory
- Outline improved production techniques and ways of working such as quality checks, shift handover, weekly start-up procedures etc.
- Ensure Health & Safety on-site and general housekeeping
- The utilisation of the company ERP system (SAP) – training provided
To be successful as a Production Manager you will need to be an:
- An experienced Production Manager or Operations Manager from a medium to a fast-paced environment
- Example sectors include packaging, plastics, concrete, engineering supply chain, general engineering, machining but not limited to any other sector
- Engaging leadership and a strong character that can make tough decisions and drive the team
- A suitable engineering or manufacturing qualification is highly desirable
- Experienced in modern manufacturing techniques such as 5S, lean and continuous improvement
- Comfortable making tough decisions
- Commutable or based in Rotherham
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment by emailing me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.