- £80,000 - £100,000 basic salary
- Car allowance - £7,500
- Company bonus – 20%
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Phone & laptop
- Immediate start available
Location: Hybrid working – 2-3 days factory based and 2-3 days customer-facing
The ideal applicant will be based in either the East Midlands, West Midlands, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Lancashire, or Cheshire region
ATA Search is working in partnership with a leading UK building and construction materials manufacturing business based in the Stoke-on-Trent/Crewe region.
This well established and profitable manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Sales Director that will lead all commercial sales activities whilst also managing the operations and manufacturing parts of the business, acting as a General Manager/MD. A key requirement for this role is to spearhead and lead the field sales team and to achieve YOY double-digit growth.
The remit of your role will be to create, deploy and executive and business development strategy and to be hands-on in the leadership of the sales team selling market-leading products to national and independent builders’ merchants.
Whilst this is a strategic role, it is important to emphasise the importance of this being a hands-on leadership position where you will play an integral part in all aspects of the business operations. Will full P&L control, you will have the autonomy to make critical business decisions across the sales and manufacturing departments that will be instrumental in the business achieving its growth, profit and market development objectives.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to email@example.com
- Full P&L control for a £multi-million building materials manufacturing business
- Effective and hands-on leadership across the sales, customer service, operations, production, engineering and supply chain/logistics functions
- Lead all recruitment activities for the plant – recruitment, 121s, training, development and employee engagement initiatives
- Establish new business with builders’ merchants throughout the UK by leading all commercial contracts negotiations
- Provide strategic leadership to the entire management team by motivating, guiding, leading and empowering the people within
- Create and deploy a business growth strategy and a robust business improvement plan to increase merchant sales
- Ensure the sales and commercial teams deliver on sales growth targets, increase market share and improve brand awareness
- Lead all sales & commercial activities related to tradeshows, exhibitions, joint sales visits and direct sales to larger merchants
- Overall leadership of all production, manufacturing, operations and supply chain functions
- Market evaluation - Ensure the business meet product demands and to lead all NPI and NPD activities
- An experienced Sales Director, General Manager, Managing Director or related role with a proven track record in delivering business growth
- Excellent leadership capabilities with high emotional intelligence
- Must have sold/worked with building materials products for the merchant sector
- A commercially astute business professional that is experienced in driving new business sales wins and negotiating/winning commercial agreements
- A suitable business or technical degree is preferred but not essential
- A hands-on-on approach to your work as this role will require you to have day to day contact with the operations and production teams whilst leading all sales and business development activities with the commercial sales teams
- The ideal applicant will be based in either the East Midlands, West Midlands, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Lancashire or Cheshire region
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation