Senior Controls Engineer
£45,000 – £55,000 + £4,300 car allowance + 50% uplift on basic salary if overseas on projects
We are working with a business who have a rich trading history dating back over 200 years and have been going through an incredible journey of growth recently. If you’re a Controls or Senior Controls Engineer who is looking for career progression or exciting and diverse large projects to work then this could be exactly the right opportunity for you.
The business has doubled from £50 million to £100 million in the past two years, they deliver large scale turnkey projects for various engineering sectors and an deliver projects from conceptual design through to mechanical, electrical and software design and ultimately commissioning at customer site.
Due to their expansion they are recruiting for Senior Controls Engineers with immediate effect. The business are also very happy to consider Controls Engineers with a desire to develop into a senior position.
As a Senior Controls Engineer for the business you will get ownership of the whole lifecycle of the software required for a project giving you a lot of autonomy and responsibility it the position. Key functions of the Senior Controls Engineer role will involve:
- Creation of User Requirement Specification
- Creation of Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- Carrying out all the PLC Programming required for the project (typically Siemens or Rockwell)
- SCADA development and programming
- Testing the designed control system in simulation before moving onto factory and customer acceptance tests.
- Commissioning of the controls system at customer site and identifying any modifications that need to be made during commissioning.
The company can offer you the chance to work on projects all over the world, when your overseas the company uplift your salary by 50%. The company also deliver a lot of projects in the UK.
In terms of career progression the company can support people to become chartered engineers and can develop your career into leadership roles in the future.
To be successful in your application for this Senior Controls Engineer role you will need:
- An engineering qualification
- Experience in a controls engineering related role
- Strong PLC programming skills
- To enjoy taking projects from concept to completion
- An appetite to learn and develop.
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years’ experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field
- 50% uplift on salary when overseas
- The opportunity to develop into leadership roles in the future.
- Possibility of Chartership in the future
Please apply online or contact Stewart Jackson on:
stewart.jackson@ata-recruitment or 07827 295740
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation