Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£38,000 – 40,000 + 25 days’ holiday + Agile Working + Flexible Holiday Policy
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and are recognised as the market leader in their field.
The company employs over 200 staff of which more than 100 are employed in professional engineering roles across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects and anticipate they will grow from £50 million to £100 million turnover in the next three years.
The company are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with immediate effect to be based out of their facility in East Lothian. You will be responsible for creating 3D Models for the pipework and process systems the company provides whilst also being involved in creating the detailed P&ID drawings for the system.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business who offer an agile and trusting working culture to their staff with professional development also on offer. Please apply online asap to be considered for the role.
A project has been won by the business and a conceptual P&ID has been developed by the process engineering team. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineers role is then to:
- Carry out 3D Modelling of the plant layout. This will include basic modelling of structural and bespoke items (flow plates, platforms) as well as creating the 3D Model for the pipework and process plant equipment on the project.
- Develop the sketches from the process team into a full P&ID Schematics
- Design for manufacture for bespoke items creating detailed manufacturing drawings for fabrication on the shop floor
- As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will also conduct design reviews for peers and for more junior members of the design team.
- Detailed plant layouts that show plan view, side view and elevation
To be successful in your application for this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role you will need:
- Experience in creating pipework layouts.
- An appreciation of P&IDs
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for mechanical design
- A desire to learn – the business are investing in a new design package in 2022.
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years’ experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field.
- Being part of a team of design engineers who have years of process and pipework layout design experience to draw from.
- Fantastic training and development, the business will support you travelling down to their main UK office initially for training.
- Joining a business investing in it’s future who are on a rapid growth curve.
- Great starting salary.
- Possibility of Chartership in the future.
Please apply online to be considered for the role
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation