Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Pharmaceutical Projects)
£40,000 – 43,000 + Agile Working + Flexible Holiday Policy
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the hygienic process sectors. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs more than 250 staff of which over 150 are employed in professional engineering roles (many of whom are chartered engineers) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and have grown from £25 million to £80 million in a four year period with plans to be a £100 million business by 2024.
Their pharmaceutical division has grown incredibly quickly in the past few years and is set to expand further as they continue to grow. As a result the business is looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible for leading the design work on the Pharmaceutical projects the company are running and to mentor and guide others within the team supporting on Pharmaceutical projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for career development, as the pharmaceutical division grows this position could develop further into a management and leadership role in the business.
The role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Pharmaceutical Projects) consists of:
- Create 3D Models on pharmaceutical skid based systems on AutoCAD Plant – this will involve modelling the system in 3D and ensuring the design for the system is compliant with pharmaceutical industry standards.
- The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will also model the structural framework – the skid that the system sits in which is then fabricated on the shop floor.
- You will create isometric drawings of the system for manufacturing – 3D manufacturing drawing that shows the details of how to build the system
- Producing full P&ID Schematic AutoCAD P&ID
- Mentoring and advising the less experienced members of the team with requirements for design for Pharmaceutical projects. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is more heavily focused on the 3D modelling of the system and then supporting the team with creating the isometric drawings and detailing the P&IDs
The ideal person for the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Pharmaceutical Projects) will have:
- Experience in a mechanical design in the pharmaceutical sector
- To have experience or exposure to working with P&IDs
- To be able to model process plants in 3D
- Thrive on the idea of working within a large and growing team.
- Be keen for personal growth, alongside that of the business.
- To be a supportive team player who enjoys mentoring and helping others.
- £40,000 – 43,000
- Agile working (3 days in the office, 2 from home)
- Flexible holiday policy (30 days free to use throughout the year, 3 used at Christmas)
- Opportunity to be part of a large, talented, and growing design team.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
If you think you are the right person for this role please apply online.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation