Senior Project Manager
£55,000 - £65,000 + Car allowance £5400 + Flexible Holiday Policy Policy
ATA Recruitment are working closely with a leading engineering business who delivery turnkey multi-pound turnkey projects engineering projects for the food, beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets. The business deliver and manage projects from design, procurement through to site installation and commissioning. Many of their customers are large blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
The business has expanded incredibly in the past six years growing from £25 million turnover to in excess of £100 million today through multiple major project wins and organic growth into new industry sectors.
The business has been trading over 250 years and employs over 300 people. The business are a true engineering business employs in excess of 100 engineers across process design, electrical engineering, software engineering, mechanical design and project engineering. As a result of their incredible growth they are currently recruiting across multiple engineering disciplines.
We are currently supporting the business in the recruitment of a Senior Project Manager this is fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join an industry leading business who can offer you the opportunity to manage large scale, bespoke full life cycle engineering projects.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be part of an established management team with experience from a wide range of engineering backgrounds. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic project team and will have the opportunity to mentor less experienced Project Managers. Projects range from 2 to 50 million and are often overseas The Senior Project Manager will be fully responsible for the scope cost and performance vs budget for turnkey process plant projects.
Key responsibilities for a Senior Project Manager will be:
- To identify and understand the biggest risks areas to the project that could impact time or cost. These could be long lead items, complex design work required, resource challenges etc. The perfect situation is they plan and manage ahead to not find themselves reacting to issues.
- To build the project team around the project and coach the team through the project, it’s milestones and get the teams input into challenges that could come up on the project.
- Be responsible for creating solutions with the customer and resolving issues for more the complex problems on the project
- They will also look at the total budget they have at the start of the project and look to understand where the key areas the cost will need to controlled
- To identify risks at the beginning of the project and will need to understand the terms of the contract that have been agreed with the customer.
- Produce monthly project reports on performance, performance vs budget, issues, resolutions, and cost to complete.
The Senior Project Manager ideally will have:
- Experience in delivering turnkey engineering projects
- Engineering qualifications of HNC or above
- A proven track record on delivering projects
- Time & cost control understanding and be a commercial minded person
- Experience in handling projects circa 2-5 million pounds.
- The ability to create a vision for the project
- To be able to think strategically to identify and mitigate risks on project.
For this Senior Project Manager role, you will receive:
- £55,000 -£65,000
- Car allowance of £5,400
- 50% uplift on basic salary when working overseas
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
Please apply online or contact Stewart Jackson on:
stewart.jackson@ata-recruitment or 07827 295740
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation