Service Engineer Cranes
Brighton and Dartford
£40,000 – 45,000 + Van + Overtime
My client is a 150 year old business with over 20 sites nationally. The business specialises in the manipulation of steel products via drilling, shop blasting, lasering and sawing processes and have sites throughout the UK where they carry out the steel processing before selling it to their customers.
Due to growth in the business they are currently looking for a Service engineer to work across there south east sites who will be carrying out all the planned maintenance and breakdown work on Cranes at the site. The role would suit someone who is happy working under their own supervision, who enjoys autonomy and is looking for a role on a day shift pattern. Please apply online for immediate consideration as the company are ready to hire asap.
All About the Role
The purpose of this role is to carry out Preventative Maintenance on the groups Electric Overhead Travelling Cranes. You'll cover the Shoreham, Dartford & but wider Group travel may be required to suit business needs.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensure that own and team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf are conducted in manner which fully complies with Barrett Steel Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and Group Policies.
- Maintain the groups Overhead cranes, prolonging the life of the equipment under our remit by means of preventative maintenance and PPM tasking.
- Reduce avoidable costs where possible for the group by achieving first time fix rate.
- Advise the group/site in crane related and lifting operation matters.
- Reduce crane breakdowns by Preventative Maintenance on component items.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and route cause analysis on components after failure.
- Completion of Risk Assessment/Method Statements and Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Collate crane performance data and send monthly reports to manager for all sites.
- Understand and deploy continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques to optimise crane availability, reliability and performance.
We offer you
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays, A company van, Pension & Bonus potential of up to 10% (based on KPI performance)
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Be qualified in an appropriate technical discipline Electrical/Mechanical & ideally, hold LEEA diploma qualifications
- To have knowledge and experience of working oCranes.
- Be able to work at Heights & have a working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- To hold a full and clean driving licence.
- To hold IPAF 3a and 3b powered access licence ideal
- A day shift role.
- Up to 10% Bonus
- Paid Overtime
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.