- £50,000 - £65,000 basic salary
- Incentive plan – 10%
- Car or car allowance
- Pension – 8% employer contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life assurance and health care cover
- 25 days’ leave + public holidays
Location: Telford, Shropshire
ATA Search is working for a multi-site and £multi-million manufacturing business boasting sales of over £80m, they are highly profitable and driven by strategic growth both organic and through acquisition.
Well established and identified as a market leader in their field, this company sets the standard by employee satisfaction, excellent customer service and providing a product that is unrivalled by their competition.
Employee engagement is key to their success with a low staff turnover and loyal workforce. Aside from this, the group is driven by sustainability and improvement projects significantly reducing their carbon footprint and energy consumption.
As a result, my client is looking to recruit an experienced SHEQ Manager from within the engineering or manufacturing sector that will play a pivotal role in leading all SHEQ related activities across two sites in Telford.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure business compliance to all legal requirements about Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, management procedures, systems of work and standard operating procedures
- Ownership of the SHEQ management systems, maintaining accreditations such as ISO 9001 (QMS), 45001 (occupational H&S), 14001 (environmental management) and BES 6001 (responsible sourcing of construction products)
- Lead investigations into RIDDOR incidents and claims submissions and the consequential improvement of H&S systems
- Work closely with operations, business development, engineering services and other stakeholders including, business partners, clients, and regulatory bodies to ensure SHEQ best practice is effectively established that will enable management systems accreditation and compliance with relevant statutory provisions
- Provision of leadership, advice, and support to operations, to enable the maintenance and improvement of the SHEQ management systems
- Development, review and improve the SHEQ documentation
- Line management responsibility for the SHEQ Advisor – 1-2-1, performance review, L&D, providing support, guidance, and training
- Manage all environmental standards, legislation and ensure the business is operating in line with environmental standards and policies
- An experienced SHEQ Manager from within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A track record in managing SHEQ related activities in medium to large size businesses
- Conversant with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and or BES 6001
- Professionally qualified, such as the National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Good communication skills
- A collaborative approach with key skills in coaching and training
You will have full autonomy to manage all SHEQ related activities across two sites with over 450 personnel. As a stock listed business that are driven by growth, there will be numerous opportunities for you to progress within the larger group and for a Group SHEQ Manager position in the future.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation