Vessel Design Engineer
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Company bonus
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
- Immediate start
Location: Burton on Trent / Swadlincote Region
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
Are you a Vessel Design Engineer looking to work for a forward-thinking and growing organisation? Are you a Vessel Design Engineer who is seeking to become an instrumental part of a design function and to lead all vessel design activities? If so, I have a great opportunity for you.
I am proud to once again be representing this company which specialises in the design and manufacture of pressure vessels for various process plant applications. Over the past five years, I have played an instrumental part in the recruitment of over 20 staff who have gone on to have some fantastic careers. Having recruited for all departments within this organisation and spoken first hand to Engineers I have placed, I can honestly say they invest very heavily in providing internal/external training, a structured career path and regular performance reviews to excel you within the business.
If you are interested in joining a business that is looking to double their turnover and in return, can offer a fantastic role with great career prospects, then please contact me today for a confidential call.
The role of the Vessel Design Engineer will be as follows:
- Reporting to the Design Manager you will be responsible for the technical design of pressure vessels and tanks
- Design pressure vessels and tanks following ASME-BPVC 11, PD 5500 and BS 5500 using AutoCAD 2D, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx or PV Elite
- Your role will require you to create 3D models/design detailed designs
- To produce 2D designs, GA’s (general arrangements) and 2D part fabrication & assembly drawings
- Production of pressure vessels, tanks, plant and pipework layouts & isometrics using 3D/2D CAD
- 60% of your time will be spent designing vessels and tanks and 40% of your time spent on project engineering duties
- Project engineering duties will include, producing BOMs in conjunction with the drawings and liaising with clients and suppliers/sub-contractors
- You will also be responsible for ensuring all vessels are designed following technical, quality and safety standards
Experience & background required for the role of Vessel Design Engineer:
- A proven track record in design vessels, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, cylindrical pressure bottles, gas bottles or container systems
- You must be proficient in either AutoCAD 2D/3D, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx or PV Elite
- A suitable engineering qualification or apprentice trained
- The ability to work in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Excellent onboarding programme
- First-class training and paid education to enhance your engineering knowledge
- Opportunities to visit sites to see the fruits of your labour
- Training on other CAD packages to ensure you become multiskilled
- Opportunities to progress into a Lead Design or Managerial roles as well as other positions within the group
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 0116 2167000, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.