- Up to £40,000 basic salary
- 45p per mile when visiting customers
- Up to 15% bonus
- 25 days annual leave + statutory + option to buy and sell 5 days
- Pension up to 11% contribution from the client
- 6 x basic salary life cover
- 35hour week with early Friday finish
- Flexi hours
Leeds – UK Wide travel 25% of the time
Our client is part of multi-billion-dollar global conglomerate that design, manufacture, distribute and sell speciality equipment across many industries. This arm of the business was established over 100 years ago and specialises in selling chemically engineered products to a variety of engineering and manufacturing market sectors.
Generating £30m annual sales and 100 members of staff based in their UK operation, you will be joining a skilled and dedicated team whose focus and ethos remains the same as it always has been – creating highly technical products that are superior to their competition. Their value and growth over many years has showed that this is an ethos that has been stuck to.
The role of Applications Engineer is to support UK and global customers, both face to face and remotely, by managing and reviewing any technical challenges they may be facing and how they, as a business, can support them.
When office based, duties will include:
- Leading all technical and commercial activities with both internal and external customers
- Phone-based technical support and advice to customers
- Identifying applications where company products can be used to support their business
- Specifying products and providing information on technical specifications
- Recommending suitable products for various applications based on technical discussions
- Supporting internal manufacturing and operations teams on testing and ensuring sure this is coordinated
- Providing significant external training on products and applications with end-user customers and distributors
- The Applications Engineer will be required to visit customers face-to-face
- Meeting to discuss value-added solutions and technical products support
- Site tours of the factory to understand their business and how products can benefit the business
- Exploring technical opportunities by understanding the customers systems and challenges to and articulate the value of the products and offering products to support
- Identifying the technical needs of customers beyond the sales team's capabilities
- Consulting with customers on new projects and business opportunities
- Meet with customers to discuss engineering, manufacturing and operational challenges
To be successful in the role of Applications Engineer you will need:
- Ideally a lubrication/grease experience or a solid understating
- Previous experience of working within an engineering/manufacturing or technical engineering background is a prerequisite
- Must have some form of qualification in any mechanical related qualifications (HNC/HND/Degree)
- Minimum of 18 months experience within a customer facing/public facing role
- A problem-solving mindset with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be a team player and self-motivated
- Track record of delivering new products, customer solutions, reliability projects, problem-solving or continuous improvement
- A willingness to travel – 1-2 days UK wide/3-4 international visits per year
In return, our client are offering a competitive package with excellent opportunities to progress and really become an integral part of a highly-skilled and committed company. Please click “apply” or for further information, please email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation