CNC Machinist – 3 Shift System
Location – Leicester (LE18 Area)
Salary and Benefits - £16.95ph (including shift allowance) OTE c£35/6k
7.5% Matched Pension + 33 Days Holiday + Company Bonus Scheme (5-12% Every Quarter) + Overtime + Early Finish on Fridays (1 in 3 Fridays completely off!) + Great Training Opportunities and Many More Benefits!
Our client is an Aerospace giant who suppling some of the biggest names in the sector. As business across this industry continues to boom, a number of CNC Machinists are required to join this exciting and dedicated team.
With such fantastic training on offer, this is an exception opportunity not only for someone with experience within CNC Machining, but for someone who who is looking for their first big break into the engineering world as full training and guidance will be given to achieve CNC Machinist status.
As a CNC Machinist, your responsibilities will include:
- Operating CNC machines (EDM or Grinding) ensuring that parts are machined in accordance with the agreed method specification.
- Attain machine setting skills to enable machine set ups in line with Company requirements.
- Understanding of engineering drawings, ensuring that fixtures are correctly aligned
- Inspecting parts in line with quality procedures and taking any necessary, approved, action to resolve quality issues
- Operating CMM machines to support inspection requirement.
- Consistently achieving all targets (production, quality, housekeeping etc), as set by the Cell Manager.
- Adherence to all company policy’s and procedures, including SOX, Code of Conduct and Health and Safety.
For those with experience, as a CNC Machinist our client ideally requires you to have:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Experience of operating a CNC machine (EDM, Grinding or Milling processes)
- Ability to understand method specifications and basic engineering drawings
- Ability to Inspect parts using standard inspection tools (e.g Micrometres)
For those who are looking for their first role within Engineering, skills required are:
- Solid mathematical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a team environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to learn and take on board new skills
- Ability to achieve goals within demanding deadlines
- Ability to work closely with other areas of the business
- To be a self starter with drive and enthusiasm
- To have excellent attention to detail and produce quality work within set timeframes
- To have a flexible approach and willingness to work shifts to support operational requirements.
In return, the successful CNC Machinist will receive the following benefits:
- An competitive salary
- An attractive company pension scheme of 7.5% matched
- Early finish Friday’s
- 33 Days Holiday available including bank holidays
- Exceptional training opportunities
- Company bonus scheme meaning you will have potential to earn 5-12% of your quarterly salary every 3 months!
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation