Electrical Design Engineer
£30,000 – 39,000 + Paid Overtime + Agile Working + Salary Uplifts when overseas
Our client is a EPC business specialising in the delivery of turnkey projects in the process engineering sector. The key target sectors for business include drinks manufacturers, food manufacturers and pharmaceuticals. They business is fully responsible for the initial design of the systems they provide as well as the sourcing and commissioning of equipment for their clients.
The company is rapidly expanding to keep up with the ongoing demand for their services. The rapid expansion means that being a Electrical Design Engineer isn’t the ceiling within the business with progression being available. The company aims to grow their employee count by approximately 20% in the next year.
Last year they had a turnover of approximately £100 million with one of their key projects being a tequila distillery in Mexico. With many more projects like this in the pipeline across the whole globe, opportunities to travel are endless.
As a result, they are looking to recruit a Electrical Design Engineer with immediate effect.
The role of Electrical Design Engineer will see you taking a variety of projects from system design, equipment specification and vendor selection through to overseeing the project coming to life at customer site. This will involve:
- Attending regular project meetings
- Sizing of electrical cables and motors required for systems.
- Carrying out specification work for cables and motors required
- Specify and procurement of electrical control panels
- Specify what hardware, HMI, SCADA and PLC is needed for the project
- Sending out requests for quotes to customers and selecting vendors.
- Create single line diagrams and installation drawings for projects.
- Manage progress and issues during the project lifecycle to the Project Manager
- Being present at site to coordinate electrical installation activities.
To be successful in your application for this Electrical Design Engineer role you will need:
- To be confident sizing cables.
- To be able to create single line diagrams
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD or EPLAN
- Experience in cable containment design
- Be happy to travel for commissioning
For this Electrical Design Engineer role the following benefits are on offer:
- £30,000 – 39,000
- Paid Overtime
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday to be taken flexibly
- Salary uplifts when overseas on projects
- Pension contributions
- Agile working
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on +447892789449
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation