** Mechanical Design Engineer / Draughtsperson **
Contract position – Outside IR35 suitable
South Yorkshire region
Gross rate £32.50p/h - £35.00p/h DOE
Mechanical Design & Detailing / Solidworks / Material handling / Heavy industries
I am working with a key client who are a process materials handling & capital equipment engineering and installation company, based out of Yorkshire. They design, manufacture and install into the aggregates, power, mining and recycling industries. We are recruiting for a contractor Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughtsperson, on a key project for an initial 3-6 months, with likely extension.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughtsperson will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Detailing and designing on 3D CAD solidworks
- Preparing GA, Layout, PFD’s, including fabrications drawings etc
- Machinery, materials handling equipment, process plant or structural steel equipment design and detailing
- Meet project timescales
- Ability to work accurately and within a project team
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughtsperson will have the following attributes:
- Solidworks 3D CAD experienced
- Time served or NVQ L3 mechanical engineering
- CDM regs knowledge would be advantageous
- Strong computer/I.T. skills MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Experienced in heavy industry mechanical manufacturing & materials handling sectors
- Competent Design Engineer & Draughtsperson with the ability to work autonomously
- Team player, good communication skills
Benefits of this position:
- Working for a leading and growing conveyor and materials handling process organisation
- Modern office working environment
- Ideally working in the office – some hybrid working
- Suitable for outside IR35 contractors (Limited Co. contratcors) as well as PAYE/Umbrella
I am looking to speak to experienced Mechanical Design Engineers / Draughtpersons who are looking for a rewarding and challenging contract position. For more information, please contact Dom Firth - Recruitment Consultant at ATA Recruitment.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation