Mechanical Reliability Engineer / Fitter
3-4 -month initial contract (possible extension)
Location: Greater Manchester
Rate: £30.00 - £32.00p/h (Limited Co. – Outside IR35)
Shifts: DAYS - 10-hour days, Mon – Fri
Food / FMGC / Electrical / maintenance / machinery
I am recruiting exclusively for a key client based in Greater Manchester. They are a leading Engineering projects & services organisation, working for a large portfolio of clients UK wide. They are looking for a Reliability Engineer / Mechanical Fitter to assist with Root Cause Analysis to determine fault causes, as well as general maintenance work, covering production and fixing varied complex machinery.
For the position of Reliability Engineer / Mechanical Fitter, you will require to conduct the following duties:
- Perform root cause analysis (RCAs) when carrying out actions to determine fault causes
- Reactive maintenance and PPMs on all mechanical aspects of machinery
- Responsible for fault find and repair
- Fixing fast paced food production machinery such as silo’s, blow lines, rotary cookers, mill’s, gas fired ovens, overhead weighers, in line bagger’s, conveyors, Cartoner’s, case packers, Hydraulic pack’s, steam heated systems etc
- Working safely is paramount and make recommendations for improvements.
The successful Reliability Engineer / Mechanical Fitter, will need to have the following attributes:
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship qualified minimum to NVQ L3 (certificates required)
- Proven experienced with RCA and making appropriate suggestions for improvement
- Good experience with LEAN and Continuous Improvement principles (i.e., RCA, 5s)
- Strong Health and Safety awareness
- Able to work autonomously, with a ‘right first time’ mentality
- Experience within fast paced manufacturing food production environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working alongside production staff and shift supervisors
- Reliable and punctual
The benefits of this position:
- Opportunity to work with a highly reputable organisation, and repeat contract work to meet future business demands/projects
- Autonomy to make improvements, get on with the job, whilst working as part of good team
- Busy production maintenance environment
- Working 10hr days Mon – Fri. Overtime available too
- Outside IR35, Limited co. contractor suitable!
I am looking to speak to talented Mechanical Reliability Engineers / Fitters, who are looking for a rewarding and challenging contract position. For more information, please contact Luke Corr, Contracts Recruitment Manger at ATA Recruitment.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website - .
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation