- £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Bonus circa £3,000 (paid annually)
- 25 days holiday and competitive matched pension (up to 5%)
- Life cover and fantastic opportunities to progress
Commutable from: West Coker, East Coker, Bradford Abbas, Trent, Mudford, Chilton Cantelo, Yeovil, Yeovilton, Ilchester, Martock, Sherborne, Yetminster, East Lambrook and South Petherton
ATA Recruitment is once again working with an extremely successful manufacturing business that supplies rotating equipment to many different industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, water and chemical. Having been established for nearly 50 years, they are a leader in the industry and pride themselves on investing in future technology to provide their customers with the most cutting edge and innovative solutions.
They are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and technical astute Applications Engineer to join their experienced team, where you will receive an excellent onboarding programme to excel you within the business.
If you are a motivated Applications, Sales, Customer Support or have a Project Engineer type background from rotating equipment such as turbines, compressors pumps etc. and you are looking to join an ambitious business that can offer you the opportunity to work on exciting engineering projects, apply now for immediate consideration.
Please email me an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.
The role of the Applications Engineer will be as follows:
- Office-based where you will review formal customer enquiries to determine project suitability and to understand the client’s requirements
- Office-based applications and project engineering duties
- You will be required to go to customers site from time to time however, this will be no more than 15% of your time
- Product selection, sizing of equipment and technical evaluation for all tenders
- Provide technical support to customers throughout the pre/post-order stage
- Support the external Sales Team during the technical and commercial bid evaluation phase
- Phone-based troubleshooting and technical support
- Project values can range from £700 - £1 million with sales process lasting up to 12 months for complex applications
- Reviewing new applications and to assist with R&D & site testing activities
- Quoting and order processing, cross-selling & upselling additional services and direct customer contact.
- Preparation of detailed contract handover documentation and negotiation on terms & conditions
- 25% site-based working on project management activities – seeing the projects through to installation along with offering after-sales and services
- You will be responsible for site surveys, organising RAMS, arranging site labour/equipment, ensuring the site is ready for installs and managing all installations
The ideal Applications Engineer will have the following:
- A mechanical or chemical qualification
- A track record in working with mechanical, process or rotating equipment either as an Applications Engineer, Internal Sales Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager or Technical Support type role
- Commercially & technically astute
- Based or willing to relocate to Somerset
As the Application Engineer, you will join a market leader within their respective field, receive a fantastic training programme and an excellent remuneration package. You will also have a structured career path to excel within the business and the larger group into roles such as Senior Applications Engineer, Product Manager, Team Leader, Key Accounts and Field Sales.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment by emailing a CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look at our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.