Area Sales Manager (South)
South of England
£40,000 – 45,000 + Company Car (or £500 per month Car Allowance) + 10K Commission OTE
Our client works in partnership with companies across the plastics and metals product manufacturing sectors supporting them in turning product design into fully manufactured items. They work closely with the design teams of their customers taking their concept product design and advising on the feasibility of design for manufacture. To do this effectively they work closely with sub contract manufacturers and take ongoing responsibility for the manufacturing of the plastic and metal parts their customers need to assemble their products.
The company are close knit culture family owned business and have been trading since the 1990s and have now grown to annual turnover of £10 million per year.
As part of their growth plans for 2024 they are looking for an Area Sales Manager for the Midlands. The client is open on sales background for the role and is focussed on finding someone the right mindset and character so this will be a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
The role of Area Sales Manager (South) will involve:
- Working closely with key customers you are assigned to build on relationships with them and maximise revenue opportunities.
- Carrying out new business development calls and visits – you will be assigned target customers and will also use your initiative to identify other new business targets.
- Circa three days out on the road per week visiting customers.
- You will be given an annual sales target between £1 million and £2 million dependant upon which customers you are assigned.
- Producing reports from meetings with key customers to show growth potential.
- Weekly sales reporting on the CRM system
- Working with customers from point of enquiry (typically a set of product drawings) through to winning the business from the customer.
- Product development cycles with customers can be from two up to 12 months.
- There is an in house team that will support with quotations required.
- You could be pitching to wide variety of contacts in a business from Design, Management, Technical and Quality.
To be successful in your application for this Area Sales Manager (South) role you will need:
- An appetite for business development
- To be able to build strong relationships with customers
- A consultative sales
- Business to business sales experience
- To be based in either Kent, Surrey, Hants or Berkshire
For this Area Sales Manager (South) role you will receive:
- £40,000 – 45,000
- Company Car or £500 per month car allowance
- 10K commission on target earnings with up 20K for overperformance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07894 235620
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation