Business Development Manager

Location England
Job Type Executive
Salary £65000 - 85000 per year 10% bonus + Business expensed car or car allowance + Fuel card and company credit card + Pension 6%
Reference 12095557

Business Development Manager

 

 

Automation, Automated Logistics, Intralogistics, ASRS or WMS

 

 

  • £65,000 - £85,000
  • 10% bonus
  • Business expensed car or car allowance
  • Fuel card and company credit card
  • Pension 6% employer, health care and life insurance
  • Immediate start available

 

Territory: UK and Ireland

 

Your location: Home based anywhere in the UK

 

 

 

My client is a leading manufacturer of automation and intralogistics capital solutions where they design and manufacture large-scale, high-value and capital turnkey engineering solutions throughout the UK.

 

If you have a passion for new business sales, business growth and are driven by selling high-value complex solutions, then I have a great opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a UK-leading automation business where you will be required to grow the business.

 

This company is offering the successful automation Business Development Manager a structured and bespoke training program with plenty of opportunities to progress.

 

If you are an experienced Business Development Manager with a track record in selling high-value capital automation, ASRS or intralogistics systems, then please contact Ajay Bhella by emailing your CV to ajay.bhella@ata-search.co.uk

 

 

The Business Development Manager will perform the following duties:

 

  • Reporting to the UK Head of Business Development, you will play an instrumental role in proactive business development for automation system sales
  • Develop customer requirements for automation projects
  • 40% of your time will be spent generating new project wins from existing or known relationships and the remaining 60% targeting brand new customers
  • Projects ranging from £2 million to £100 million systems
  • Selling to Procurement Managers/Directors, Engineers/Managers and Engineering Directors
  • You will take complete ownership of the entire sales process ranging from; business development, obtaining RFQ’s/RFI’s, evaluating enquiries, regular customer visits, technical presentations and fact-finding around the client’s needs relating to system requirements and budgets
  • Preparation of solution proposal, calculations and presentations
  • You will also be responsible for commercial contract negotiations, managing tender processes, outlining technical milestones and managing the client post-sales
  • A key aspect of this role is to build strategic and strong relationships with customers and to ensure you become fully embedded in their business
  • Networking each customer for future projects and selling aftersales support services and contracts

 

The successful Business Development Manager will have a combination of the following:

 

  • A proven track record in sales or business development – Business Development Manager, Sales Manager or Technical Sales Engineer type background
  • A track record in selling high-value capital engineering solutions is required specifically within the automation, ASRS or intralogistics sector
  • The ideal applicant will possess a suitable technical qualification however, experience is preferred
  • My client is also able to consider industry related Engineers with some exposure to clients/sales who want to take a step up into a commercial sales position
  • A full EU driving licence

 

The benefits:

 

 

  • You will be working for an organisation focused on sustainable growth
  • A structured and defined training plan and career path
  • Autonomy to drive new business sales
  • An excellent remuneration packages

 

How to apply:

Please click “apply” or for further information please email me an up-to-date copy of your CV to ajay.bhella@ata-search.co.uk

 

 

ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.

 

 

By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.

ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation