Working from home – Commutable to Sheffield
£32,000 - £39,000per annum + 25 Days Holiday + Stats + WFH + Flexible Working Policy + Company Pension + Healthcare + DIS x4
Our client is a very well-established engineering manufacturing company. With the UK arm of the business generating up to £78million in annual sales and boasting an almost 400 strong work force, they have an enviable client base and provide a superior quality service.
As they continue to grow, there is a new requirement for a Castings/Foundry Specialist to join this highly skilled team. Working from home, you’ll be centrally placed to manage and maintain effective and productive supplier relationships to ensure timely and cost-effective material availability that will allow the company and business units to achieve their goals and objectives.
Essentially, the key function of this role is to utitlise your castings knowledge and understanding of the castings process, to work with the supply chain to grow and maintain connections with suppliers within the casting’s commodity group. You will work somewhat autonomously, reviewing engineering drawings for castings, ensuring suppliers can meet required specifications and if not, going further afield to pursue suppliers that can provide the required cost/quality and lead times of parts.
Day to day of the role:
- Check with SAP for weekly demand plan
- Using technical drawings to issue RFQ’s to supplier
- Selecting correct supplier based upon requirements and supplier capabilities/capacity
- Negotiating improved processes and prices with suppliers
- Researching new potential suppliers and putting a case to Purchasing Manager
- Expediting and managing casting lead times
- Inventory management for the manufacturing facilities and service centres around the UK
- Assist in the buying in additional categories including seals/gaskets or fasteners
Although this position requires some negotiation and buying as it falls within the buying department, a strong and thorough understanding of the castings process and ability to read casting drawings is crucial for this position, because of this, previous experience as a Buyer is not required - full training and development will be provided by a very senior, skilled Senior Buyer.
To be successful in the role of Castings/Foundry Specialist, you will:
- Have experience working within a foundry/castings environment with the ability to read engineering/casting/foundry drawings (this is crucial for the role)
- Having some experience working as a buyer/technical buyer would be highly beneficial however full training will be provided as castings understanding is far more important
- Have previous experience in negotiation would be highly beneficial
- Be able to self-manage and work under own pressure
- Be results driven and work autonomously
The benefits on offer with the role of Castings/Foundry Specialist are:
- £32,000 – 39,000 per annum
- Working from home – travel to site once a month
- Flexi hours
- 25 Days holiday + stats
- Company Pension
- DIS x4
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation