CNC Programmer/ Setter/Operator/Supervisor
Based in Birmingham
£16 - £18
Temporary to Permanent
Are you a CNC Programmer who is looking to progress into a supervisory role? Are you fed up of working shifts? Are you looking to be a part of a company which will accelerate your career into the right direction? If the answer to those questions is yes , carry on reading!
My client is market leading within the design, manufacture and supply on special purpose machinery to a variety of industries globally. They operate a “family feel” business with a friendly atmosphere. Their order book is full for the foreseeable with more orders coming in, there is no better time to join this innovative, successful business.
The day to day duties of the role will be:
- Working from Engineering drawing
- Programming, Setting and Running a CNC Machine Haas TM-2P CNC Mill and brand new DMG miller machine
- Offline programming – ideal SolidWorks – would look at other CAD CAM
- They also have a Bridgeport manual CNC mill, and a manual Colchester Lathe, Jones and Shipman Surface Grinder) – they may be looking to change this machine, so any equivalent model is OK
- Creating bespoke, 1 off / low batch parts using a CNC
- Looking at workload and distributing this to the team – ensuring raw materials, tooling and workloads are kept under tight control
The required skills and experience for this role are:
- Experienced CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator
- Experience of Off-line programming
- Supervising a similar team / running a small machine shop (if you haven’t physically done this, but have experience working with a strong supervisor and want to make the step up they would look at your application.)
- Highly driven, able to lead and motivate others
- High standards, happy to challenge poor performance or discipline in others.
The benefits of this position are:
- Excellent opportunities for progression, supervisory role in the near future.
- Opportunity to do a lot of overtime
- Opportunities to work on one of the most innovative CNC machines at the moment (DMG Miller)
- The chance to work for a family feel, caring company with a long career vision.
- Excellent hourly rates.