Monday to Friday - 40 hours a week
£50,000 - £55,000 PA
We are recruiting for a plant hire global business who need a Depot Manager. You will be looking after a team of x40 engineers and x20 office staff. This role will report into the Operation Manager. You’ll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development and a constant stream of new challenges; all in a supportive and inclusive environment. They are a growing business with a turnover of £60M and are currently acquiring new sites across the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall performance of the Depot and the team. Ensure customer expectations are met, exceeded and managed as cost effectively as possible
- Responsible for generation of profit increase and turn over of sales.
- Deal with enquires and resolve complaints.
- Assess customer damages and provide costings for the Hire Department to charge on to customers.
- Liaise with the Hire Desk and ensure that process is followed with timely controlled picking lists to correctly allocate equipment for hire.
- Always ensure maximum availability of the hire fleet
- Overall responsibility for the Foreman, the Service Engineers, both Depot and Field based Engineers, ensuring their time is managed to maximum efficiency
- Provide technical support for sales and service as required
- Identify training requirements for staff at own location
- Manage the weekly service list and making certain that Engineers are carrying out the optimum amount of services
- Ensure that all job sheets are completed as per the company procedure, to the required standard and within the required timescale
- Management and authorisation of overtime, holidays, sickness and any other absences
- Process Engineers timesheets on a weekly basis ensuring strict company policies are adhered to
- Control and Process holiday forms, self-certification absence paperwork.
- Carry out Toolbox talks and ensure submission by the deadline stated
- Ensure all hire fleet returned is inspected and booked in within guidelines and any damages or shortages are notified.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation within the depot and across the business