Electrical Design & Project Engineer (AutoCAD / Eplan)
£45k p/a + (DOE)
My client provides bespoke and turnkey project planning, mechanical and electrical installations, complete engineering design risk assessment and complete engineering project management to a variety of areas in the Automation industry. Typical projects centre around the design and build of new process plants for the Automotive, Nuclear & FMCG sectors.
This role is responsible for designing and delivering the electrical aspect of equipment. You will be involved from tender stage and see each project through to final sign off. You will also work closely alongside the mechanical design, production and manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required. You should be familiar with specifying drive controls systems, industrial PC’s, safety PLC’s, safety related parts of controls systems, inverters etc. You could be working on several projects at once.
This will include;
- The creation of wiring drawings, schematics & BOM’s.
- Completion of electrical designs including the CAD, calculations (performance and safety) and create technical documentation (BS EN 13849 and a good understanding of 60204)
- You will also project manage the delivery of the electrical element – attend internal and external meetings, repot progress and issues, and co-ordinate / supervise labour
- Work with suppliers to ensure the required parts are acquired and delivered on time
- Ensure best practice panel design is delivered
- Ensuring the design brief is met, and all required testing takes place
- Developing test rigs, models and prototype control systems.
- Attending Site both in the UK and Worldwide
- 70% design, 10% co-ordination, 20% supporting other teams (build, commission, procurement)
Candidates must possess the following;
- Strong electrical design and project management skills
- Has taken on responsibility for the design of electrical panels and control systems
- Integrating plc’s, electric motors, drives
- Understand industrial machinery
- Strong experience working with wiring diagrams and control system
- Understand the latest regulations
- Technical documentation skills working to industry standards and best practice
- Able to do engineering calculations for both safety and performance.
- Able to drive CAD - AutoCAD 2D, AutoCAD Electrical of Eplan
- Has worked using 1000 amps supply +
To apply to this vacancy or to enquire about any other of the opportunities ATA has to offer please call 0116 2167000 and ask for Robert Weatherhead. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit to see all our current vacancies.