** Electrical Fitter / Installation Engineer **
West Yorkshire based - with UK wide & Int. travel
Gross rate: £18.00 - £25.00p/h
Outside IR35 suitable
3-month min. contract (likely extension/on-going)
I am working with a key client in West Yorkshire who are looking for an experienced Electrical Fitter with site installation Engineering experience, to work on capital automated equipment in the workshop conducting overhaul and repair to like new and install at customer premises. You will be responsible for stripping, fault finding, fitting, assembly, and site install & commission. You must be flexible to travel.
For this position, you will require to conduct the following duties:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics to tight tolerances in some instances and use hand tools
- Electrical - building of machinery and overhaul from an electrical perspective
- Power up – deal with any issues – fault find
- Set up inverter drives – program auxiliary equipment, go online to see what’s going on
- Run cables, terminate, Read schematics etc.
- Travel to customer site as part of a team, to ensure smooth installation dealing with any issues
- Working on special purpose automated machinery into the pharmaceutical and FMCG industries
- Working to high standards, ansuring health & safety and quality procedures are adhered
The successful person will need to have the following attributes:
v Electrical fitter/Installations experience
v Automated special purpose machinery build experience
v A strong team player, professional and customer facing
v Ability to read complex engineering drawings / schematics etc
v Strong communication skills, with a keen eye for Health, Safety and Quality.
v You will ideally be apprentice trained with an electrical engineering/apprentice trained background, minimum Level 2.
v Ability to travel UK and worldwide when required for 2-3 weeks at a time on installations
The benefits of this position:
- On-going work with likely extensions and further projects
- Growing company, good positive working environment and team
- Generally, day shift working Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Travel internationally with a lot of hours available
- Rates generally £18p/h in factory / £22p/h UK site install / £25p/h international
- Outside IR35 (Limited Co. suitable or Umbrella)
I am looking to speak to talented Electrical Fitters, with site installations experience, who are looking for a very rewarding and challenging contract position. For more information please contact Jon Caruso 07704543202 at ATA Recruitment.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation