Role – Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location – Selby
Salary - £35,000 to £37,000 plus overtime (x1.5)
Shifts – Monday to Friday (6 – 2 / 2 – 10 / 10 – 6)
About the business
Our Client are a multi-million pound manufacturer specialising in the production of various cardboard packaging solutions for a wide variety of end users. With three manufacturing sites across the UK, plus warehousing facilities, they operate a Just-In-Time delivery service being able to deliver some of their product lines within the same day.
Thanks to heavy reinvestment of profits, the business has not only grown, but quadrupled their turnover in the last 25 years to over £125 million. In the last 3 years they have invested £15 million in new state of the art production equipment further boosting their production capacity and overall efficiency.
About the role
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Reacting to breakdowns as they arise.
- Rectification of electrical faults swapping parts like for like.
- Fault finding on PLC systems through to I/Os.
- Fault finding with a multimeter down to component level.
- Performing any assigned Planned Preventative tasks.
- Performing electrical safety checks on 3 phase systems.
- Installation of new Electrical equipment when required.
- Assisting with Mechanical work when required.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will work alongside a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, taking the lead on any Electrical work and assisting with Mechanical when required.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to have the following background as a minimum:
- A recognised Electrical Qualification (City & Guilds, NVQ or Apprenticeship).
- Must have experience fault finding electrical 3 phase systems using a multimeter.
- Must have experience working as a Maintenance Engineer within a manufacturing, food or FMCG environment.