Maintenance Engineer – Food Manufacturer
£27 - 28 p/h (LTD/Umb)
Monday – Thursday (6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm) Friday (6am – 1pm / 1pm – 8pm)
1-month contract initially, may be opportunity to extend
This globally recognised business has continued to grow over the last 6 months and demand for their product is higher than ever before. Demand is high as this means that minimising downtime within manufacturing is key to delivering high-quality produce on time to their clients. As a result, this company is looking to recruit a skilled maintenance engineer that can fault find and repair as well as complete a wide range of planned maintenance projects. If you are a Maintenance Engineer with some good electrical and mechanical skills, please apply for this role immediately.
You will be responsible for the following:
- You will be part of a maintenance team that will be tasked to keep production up and running.
- The role will involve reactive and PPM maintenance.
- You will need to repair machines including vibrator conveyors, ovens, choppers, mixers, x-ray machines, weighing machines, packaging machines.
- The role will have a 50/50 electrical / mechanical split
The candidate must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Experienced Maintenance Engineer who can operate in a self-sufficient and organised manor
- Food Maintenance and/or general FMCG manufacturing experience ideally, if not, an alternative clean automated environment, worked with a wide range of automated equipment previously
- Ability to fault find and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical systems and machines (Including but not limited to packaging machinery, gears, bearings and conveyors)
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering qualification (NVQ Level 3/ Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Busy environment for a competent and confident engineer
- Immediate start.
- Opportunity to work for a historic brand
- 39 hours per week but overtime hours available up to 50
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be contacted directly on 0116 2167000. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialize in Technical and Electrical Engineering, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation