This is a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and work on a site that is like no other! Electrical Bias Maintenance Engineer / £40,000 PA / Panama nights
Electrical Bias Maintenance Engineer
£40,000 basic – working up to £44,000 in 6 months + OT
Benefits: 20 shifts holiday, pension, OT at 1.5% and 2%.
Our client is leading in their industry, they are going from strength to strength with new customers and investments into their machinery are now needing a nights-based engineer. As an Electrical Bias Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for providing breakdown cover and completing planned preventive maintenance on a busy production site. You will be responsible for maintaining plant machinery including mincers, mixers, fryers, conveyors, compressors and packaging machinery.
You will have the responsibility of keeping breakdown time to a minimum, improving machine efficiency, planning your own PPM’s and working in conjunction with other engineers on site.
Further responsibilities include;
- Fault finding electrically on 3phase and control systems, as well as, mechanical on components such as gearboxes.
- Working on both mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Having an interest and taking an active part in CI and root cause.
- Writing and handing over shift reports.
As a maintenance engineer should have the following:
- Previous experience working within FMCG and/or Food.
- Experience fault finding hydraulics and pneumatics.
- A methodical mind set, with the ability to problem solve and adapt with short notice.
- The ability to work within a proactive nature.
- Have a passion for engineering.
It would be advantageous if you held City & Guilds Electrical Engineering qualifications. However, my client would also accept time served engineers with no formal qualifications.