Electrical Project Engineer
- £35,500 - £45,000
- Car or car allowance negotiable
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
Location: Burton on Trent/Swadlincote Region
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
My client is a specialist manufacturing business that sells, design, manufacture, build, install, project manage and commission large-scale factory equipment for the manufacturing of goods. With their in-house engineering team, they offer electrical, automation and mechanical engineering services whilst supplying total turnkey solutions to their customers.
Boasting blue-chip clients and regarded as one of the UK’s top two players within their respective field, my client specialises in providing turnkey solutions where they will design & manufacture full factory solutions. This multi-million-pound business boasts annual sales of more than £15 million, and they have a strategic plan to organically grow by 10% year on year. You will work on multiple projects at any one time with various degrees of complexity, and you will have total ownership of all electrical aspects of the projects from concept through to installation and commissioning.
The company are a true investor in people and can offer fantastic training as well as support for further education. If you are an Electrical Project Engineer or either an Electrical Designer or Electrical Engineer with site-based commissioning experience of electrical systems looking for a new challenge, then please contact me on the details below for a confidential call.
For further information and a confidential call please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a suitable contact number for me to reach you.
The role of the Electrical Project Engineer will be:
- Liaise with the client to create an overall electrical design from initial concepts
- Conduct site surveys of existing equipment requiring upgrading or integrating with new equipment
- 70% of your time will be spent on electrical design activities and 30% of your time spent on-site for commissioning activities
- Production of specifications for the procurement of electrical installations and control panels
- Production of PLC I/O lists, PLC hardware layouts, control panel electrical schematics, block electrical schematics, cable schedules and termination schedules using AutoCAD Electrical
- Evaluation of the electrical installation and control panels quotations
- Procurement and management of control panel manufacture
- The FAT of electrical control panels before delivery to site and production of RAMS for all electrical works
- Management and supervision of the electrical installation Sub-Contractor, ensuring that quality and specifications are delivered in the agreed timescales, organising shutdowns, and work permits
- Responsible for the electrical commissioning of the entire works such as loop testing, safety testing and setting up instrumentation
- Maintenance of site documentation (schematics, schedules, records)
The ideal Electrical Project Engineer will have a combination of the following:
- An electrical design background, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer or Electrical Project Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical
- Experienced in electrical site-based activities such as commissioning is highly desirable
- The ideal applicant will have worked in an engineering, manufacturing or a process engineering type business such as water, food, beverage, energy to waste etc
- A suitable electrical engineering qualification – BTEC. HNC, HND or Degree
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella by emailing your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.